This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join a Global Tax team in Hoofddorp, we're looking for an exceptional Senior VAT & Technology Specialist to join our team to support and help lead our growing businesses across Danone (with a strong focus on the Netherlands and European Regions).
Are you ready for this challenging role? Yes? Apply today!
About the Job
In this role, you will report to the Global Indirect Tax Manager and you will be part of an international team based in the Netherlands and France. You will be responsible for VAT Compliance and have a VAT advisory role in relation to the Dutch entities. You will collaborate with various stakeholders such as our Integrated Business Services teams in the Netherlands and abroad, external advisors and (Dutch) tax authorities. In addition, you will have the opportunity to take on tax technology projects for the Danone Group and/or initiatives in relation to tax transparency and external reporting. The role is quite broad and offers a great learning curve.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Take end-to-end responsibility of VAT Compliance including preparation and filing of Dutch & foreign VAT returns, EC purchase lists and Intrastat returns;
- Reconciliation of VAT ledgers with VAT reports;
- Manage the work done in our Integrated Business Services centre as well as external outsourced operations in the VAT compliance process;
- Advice the Global Indirect Tax Manager on various Indirect Tax (VAT & Customs) projects
- Maintain the Tax Control Framework for VAT and update the Dutch tax authorities on a regular basis;
- Not only assist with providing tax data to the tax authorities (VAT audits) but also manage relationships with (foreign) tax authorities;
- Interact and manage relationships with external service providers;
- Follow-up and implement legal indirect tax changes in SAP and our way of working
- Provide support, training and VAT advice to the businesses on VAT processes and new developments;
- Liaise with the master data team and IS/IT team to improve processes
- Report and proactively inform Finance about VAT cash flow position;
- Assist in and set up new flows for VAT in SAP.
The ideal candidate has a background in accounting and/or taxation and 4+ years of relevant experience in VAT compliance (especially, strong knowledge of the Dutch Law and EU jurisdiction). You have strong analytical skills, the ability to manage processes well and a strong problem,
Hit the “apply now”. After your application deadline, the first feedback will follow within 2 weeks. In case you are invited to the selection process, you should expect to receive feedback 2 weeks after each step of the process. To comply with GDPR, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me Valerija Usova, Talent Manager, [email protected]
* All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.-solving attitude. You are a team player who is confident in communicating with others. You have a strong interest in the continuous improvement of processes and are eager to develop. Experience with VAT Automation, VAT Compliance and SAP is considered a plus. Furthermore, you have the ability to operate independently, make decisions and thrive on execution. Fluent in English, written and spoken. Dutch is considered a plus.