Are you able to generate reliable financial analyses and report them in a clear way? Do you have an affinity for technology? Apply now!
Do you have three or more years of experience in the field of project and general ledger (GL) accounting? Are you ready for the next step in your career? Do you have an accurate and proactive approach that you are looking to bring to a dynamic, challenging and international environment, with great opportunities for you to explore? Are you fluent in both Dutch and English? Then you could be the Project Accountant we are looking for! As a Project Accountant, you will be part of the Shared Service Centre Finance team. This is a talented group, with quick-thinking financial professionals, generating high-quality reports while working closely with the business. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• developing and implementing process improvements, and documenting desktop procedures to achieve efficiencies
• further developing the internal control framework
• supporting the project control team by preparing project and cash flow statements
• managing the accurate and timely recording of journal, accrual and prepayment entries across multiple (international) entities
• monitoring and reviewing reconciliations and lead schedules for all project-related balances included in the accounts, as well as following-up on any open or unreconciled items
• preparing and ensuring the accuracy of monthly management reports for stakeholders, in accordance with IFRS
• supporting all documentation requirements, including proposals, budgets, contracts, relevant case files and correspondence
• assisting with external audit requirements
• helping with the completion of special projects (eg the ERP system implementation), ad hoc reporting, analysis requests and other tasks as assigned.
To be eligible for the role of Project Accountant, you must have:
• a qualification in accounting education (HEAO, SPD or equivalent)
• a minimum of three years’ project and/or GL accounting experience, and relevant month-end closing experience
• strong understanding of the principles, procedures and practices of general accounting, as well as knowledge of IFRS (desirable)
• fluency in Dutch and English
• experience of different ERP systems (IFS is preferred)
• expertise in Microsoft Excel, as well as knowledge of SQL (desirable)
• excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• the ability to interact with all departments and levels throughout our organisation
• excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritise projects and multitask
• the ability to work independently and take on challenges, as well as function effectively within a team
• the ability to work to tight deadlines, while still producing accurate results
• only candidates with EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
• an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Royal IHC (IHC) is the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Project Accountant and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly by using the 'Apply' button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, full time, part time, Kinderdijk, Project Accountant, internal control, IFRS, audit, auditor.