Besides your passion for numbers, you like to work on optimalisation processes and tools. And that is exactly what we need! The focus of Sunweb Group on growth makes it a dynamic working environment with a positive vibe which needs continuous improvement. Do you quickly spot opportunities to improve? Within this position, you get the freedom to not only identify improvements but also actually work on them! Do you have the ambition to bring the insights in our numbers to the next level? Read on!
We are looking for someone to join our Financial Planning & Control team, currently consisting of 5 Financial Controllers. In your daily work, you will work closely together from our office in Rotterdam with Financial Controllers and Financial Accountants, but also with other corporate functions as the treasurer and the tax manager. Within this position you play a central role in improving the quality of our financial reportings and bring the insights in our numbers to the next level. All this to provide both our internal as external stakeholders with more relevant and high-quality information.
Since we are growing and professionalizing, we have the ambition to improve, change and/or expand our consolidation and reporting processes. That is why we are looking for someone who is eager to take up this challenge and want to make a difference. In this role there is room for your own initiatives based on your background and your ambition to grow as a professional as well as a person. Together with your other finance colleagues, Director Finance & Control and the CFO you will travel through the story behind the numbers. Amongst others, you will be involved in the following areas:
- Improving the use of our tools. Take the lead in exploring and implementing further possibilities of Lucanet (reporting and consolidation tool). Key challenge will be to ensure one single source of data, by which both the actuals and forecast are clearly recorded and monitored in one tool. When this is established, you will contribute to improving the analyses of our numbers.
- Master of consolidation. We want to make you the owner of the (monthly) consolidation process in which you play a key role in ensuring on time reporting together with the rest of the finance team.
- Monitoring compliance processes. Monitor compliance of the transactions within our various entities in accordance with the transfer pricing agreements of the group. Understand and assist in ensuring compliance of the local requirements of the legal entities within our legal structure.
- Creating together high quality reporting. Our tax manager, treasurer and other colleagues are looking forward working with you. You can share your knowledge and support them with preparing tax calculations, compliance information for external stakeholders (like banks and guarantee funds) and in the integration (or divestment) of acquisitions.
And this is only the tip of the iceberg, you will be able to shape this list of topics based on your analyses, relevant experience, strengths and ambitions.
What skills will bring you to the top?
- First things first: you have a clear hands-on mentality and you are eager to spot improvement areas and bring a first solution to the table. You possess critical thinking skills, great communication skills, and a high level of motivation. You bring up new ideas and entrepreneurship so we can learn from each other.
- You have 5+ years of experience as a financial and you like to take the next step. With your Bachelor degree in Finance, Business Administration (or similar), and experience as a finance professional, you have a solid basis to make a difference within Sunweb Group.
- Common sense with respect to financial statement processes is more important than deep accounting (Dutch GAAP or IFRS) knowledge. Having knowledge of Excel, Lucanet and EXACT (or another consolidation and ERP system) is a pre.
- Just practical: You currently live in the Netherlands and you have a BSN number. You speak fluent Dutch or English and you are available to work minimum of 32h a week (Both from work or home is possible.
Why join our journey?
Working for Sunweb Group means...
- Work hard, play hard, so enjoy 25 holiday days plus 6 ATV days.
- An attractive remuneration package. This vacancy is within group D of our Salary Framework. This means a monthly salary of €5500,- gross per month. This is excluding holiday allowance (8%), travel allowance and our (up to) 20% discount for our holidays. Depending on your experience and expertise we will jointly determine your Relative Salary Position (RSP) and growth potential within the range.
- Working in an international company, we are open to working from home, the beach, or another place of your choice, for example one of our (hub) offices in Antwerp, Copenhagen, Girona, Paris, or Rotterdam.
- A lot more. Next to the basics (pension, insurance, and travel allowance), you can benefit from personal coaching sessions all year round, healthy lunches, places to recharge and surprising perks.
Is this your next challenge?
Are you interested in this position, don’t hesitate to contact Daniel Slaats (Head of Financial Planning & Control, [email protected]) for any questions. Interested to apply? Send us your resume/LinkedIn profile.