As a Financial Controller at our Clients' company you will focus on the financial management to get a better understanding of the figures, and their impact on the future growth of the company. This will be achieved by providing reliable financial reports in an efficient and timely manner. We encourage initiative to monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of the financial processes, and highlight those slowing down the growth of the team and company as a whole.
Financial control of all Dutch entities:
- Maintain General Ledger for Dutch entities. Preparing and posting GL entries;
- coordinate monthly close activities, subledger reconciliations and balance sheet specifications;
- manage intercompany transactions, confirmations, settlements and documentations;
- support planning and preparation for annual financial audits.
Consolidation on Group level:
- Ensure timely and accurate consolidation of the Group for P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow;
- coordinate and prepare (group-level) management reporting;
- ensure that the accounting system (Navision) is the single source of truth for actuals and budgets;
- ensure timely and reliable information;
- effective performance of the (weekly) cash management for ACT Group.
Monitoring statutory and tax filings for Dutch entities:
- Ensure timely and compliant statutory filings;
- ensure timely and compliant VAT filings for the Dutch entities.
Cash Flow Forecasting & Reporting:
- perform rolling (short-term) cash flow planning.
- perform (group-wide) cash flow analyses and report on KPI’s.
Financial Planning & Control Cycle:
- assist the Financial Planning (budget, flash, LE and rolling forecasting) process in close coordination with the business controllers;
- prepare reliable budgets and latest estimates for SG&A Expenses in conjunction with budget holders;
- perform actual vs budget variance analysis.
- master degree in Accounting;
- 4-5+ years’ experience in a Financial Control role with addidtion of Big4 experience;
- fluency in English, preferably native speaker;
- experience with Navision is a plus;
- experience with commodity trading and financial instruments is a plus.
- 25 vacation days;
- 40 or 32hrs a week;
- public transport coverage;
- business coach;
- bonus scheme (company & personal goals);
- market competetive salary package.
Our Client is a global commodity trading company, founded in 2009, and employs around 100 people with offices in both Amsterdam and New York. They just opened their new and fancy "crisp" designed office in the heart of the Amsterdam business area (Zuidas). The company distinguishes itself with an open-minded attitude, collaborative and dynamic work culture with talented individuals from many different countries. Hard work pays off and therefore celebrate successes is key.
They take great pride in fostering an open and transparent company culture where all employees are treated equally. They believe that hiring the right people and empowering them to excel, together, is the most beneficial personnel policy.
They take time to identify talent and give that talent time, and support, to realize its potential. Shared decision-making and individual entrustment leads to loyal, enthusiastic, long-serving teams providing an exceptional level of customer service.
Take a moment to relax with a fresh made Espresso or Cappuccino from the coffee bar to revitalize and enjoy your working day to the fullest.