Nouryon’s global financial reporting and accounting expertise team supports the Executive Committee, Business Units and Functional management teams with the required accounting expertise, financial reporting, and the development and implementation of (new) accounting procedures and guidelines. Furthermore, the external financial reporting and coordination of the audit will be handled by this team. This team will ensure the quality of the group financial statements by reviewing the Business Units and Group balance sheet, income statement and cash-flow statement.
We are looking for an Accounting Governance Expert. This role reports to the Manager Financial Reporting and Accounting Expertise and is based in Arnhem, the Netherlands.
Within this context, you are responsible for the Group accounting principles and policies. Your mission is to ensure that accounting rules and guidelines are well documented and are applied consistently across Nouryon globally.
• You maintain and further develop instructive and directive global accounting policies and guidelines
• You drive the improvement agenda for providing clear and transparent accounting instructions throughout the organization
• You maintain one standard chart of account (SCOA)
• You monitor developments in IFRS and other relevant regulation and determine the impact thereof on Nouryon
• You work with team members on accounting topics (position papers / accounting memoranda)
• You contribute in the preparation of IFRS compliant consolidated (interim) financial statements
• You contribute to or lead projects in the Accounting and Reporting department
• Accounting professional with at least 5+ years of relevant work experience in accounting and financial reporting
• A master’s degree in accounting or finance and appropriate professional qualification (e.g. RA, CPA, or similar)
• Experience as external auditor (big 4) is preferred
• Thorough knowledge of IFRS
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Adequate communication skills to communicate effectively with employees at all levels in the organization
• Excellent English language skills
• Resourceful; ability to bring solutions and suggestions to management
• Knowledge of SAP is preferred
What can Nouryon, formerly AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals, offer you?
If you share our values and ambitions, we offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. Our employment package comprises a competitive salary, 46 vacation days and an attractive bonus scheme. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.
For further information on the recruitment process, please contact Femke Haverkate, Talent Resourcing Partner, Tel +31 6 25194221.
If you have questions on the role, please contact Albert Hoekman, Manager Financial Reporting and Accounting Expertise, Tel +31 6 21143512.
We look forward to your application!
Pease apply via the 'Apply' button.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.
We’re Nouryon, your partner in essential chemistry for a sustainable future. Over our nearly 400-year history, we have built up a wealth of expertise, forged long-term partnerships, and earned a place among the best performing companies in our industry in terms of safety, sustainability, and reliability. Our products play an essential role in everyday life for people around the globe. We supply industries worldwide with chemicals for the manufacture of products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 10,000 people. For more information, please visit www.nouryon.com